Facebook  Twitter  Vimeo

Family Law NB Family Law NB Family Law NB - Online resources for the public

What's New

Form 72J (Financial Statement) now available in both official languages
January 26, 2011

An updated and revised Form 72J (Financial Statement) is now available in both official languages.   Both parties to an application to the court involving child support, spousal support, or custody, generally must fill out a financial statement.  This document provides the court with a summary of your income, expenses, property and debt, and other relevant information. Both parties to a divorce proceeding that deals with child support, spousal support, custody or marital property must also file this form.

This form is user-friendly and self-calculating.  The first page of the Financial Statement is a summary.  The rest of the Financial Statement consists of seven appendices.  Just type in the income or expense information in the appropriate columns in each appendix and it does all the calculations.  It will convert any sub-totals from the weekly, bi-weekly, monthly or yearly columns into monthly or yearly totals, and these amounts will then be entered on the first page, which is the summary page. 

IT IS IMPORTANT that everything you put in your Financial Statement is true.  You must sign it and swear to its accuracy before a Commissioner of Oaths.  Making a false statement is a criminal offence.

If you need assistance in filling out this form, see Financial Statements and Income Information:  A Guide to Completing Form 72J or call the Family Law Information Line at 1-888-236-2444.


Family Law Workshops
Ask an Expert Videos
Going to Court
Family Law Forms
Family Law Publications
Find a Lawyer / Get Help
Self-Help Guides
Parenting After Separation
quick links header

Doing Your Own Divorce

Changing Child Support - Orders made in NB

Changing Child Support - Orders made
outside NB

Applying For Custody, Access and/or Support

Need Help?

Your Opinion Matters


What’s New
About This Site
Ask An Expert Videos

Living Common-Law
Separation and Divorce
Marital Property
Custody and Access
Child Support
Spousal Support
Support Enforcement
Staying Out Of Court
Representing Yourself
Other Issues


Going To Court
English or French?
Presenting Your Case in Court
Preparing for Your Court Hearing
The Day Of Your Hearing
Tips for the Court Hearing
After the Hearing

Family Law Forms
Printing & Completing Forms
Custody, Access and Support
Changing an Order
Interjurisdictional Support Orders
Consent Order
Court-Ordered Evaluations Support Program
Family Law Forms for Saint John and Moncton


Family Law Publications
Child and Spousal Support
Custody and Access
Divorce and Separation
Support Enforcement
Family Violence
Other Materials

Find a Lawyer/Get Help
You and Your Lawyer
Find a Lawyer
Get Help (Domestic Legal Aid)
Legal Advice Clinics

Self-Help Guides


Parenting After Separation
For the Sake of the Children
Register for the Program
For the Sake of the Children (VIDEOS)
Family Law Information Line


Public Legal Education and Information
Service of New Brunswick

  P.O. Box 6000, Fredericton
New Brunswick, Canada E3B 5H1
  Telephone: (506) 453-5369
Family Law Line: 1-888-236-2444
  Fax: (506) 462-5193