Facebook  Twitter  Vimeo

Family Law NB Family Law NB Family Law NB - Online resources for the public

What's New

Resources for Couples Living on Reserve
April 27, 2018

Public Legal Education and Information Service of New Brunswick (PLEIS-NB) is pleased to announce some free new resources, namely,

Under the federal Family Homes on Reserves and Matrimonial Interests or Rights Act victims of family violence living on reserve can apply in “Family Court” for an Emergency Protection Order that gives the victim temporary and exclusive use of the home while they explore their options for dealing with family violence.  Check out the online version of this guide where you will find a fillable affidavit and sample cover letter to go with an application.

The other booklet was updated with the assistance of Gignoo Transition House staff.  It discusses unhealthy relationships and how to recognize them. It also reviews family law issues that may arise and relevant remedies for couples living on Reserve.  It includes resources available in New Brunswick to find legal information or advice, shelters, and other services.

These resources can be viewed online (www.legtal-info-legale.nb.ca ) or (www.familylawnb.ca ) you can request a copy  by email pleisnb@web.ca or fax 506-462-5193.

PLEIS-NB is a non-profit, charitable organization that educates the public about the law. It is funded by the Department of Justice Canada, the New Brunswick Law Foundation and the New Brunswick Office of the Attorney General.  


Family Law Workshops
Ask an Expert Videos
Going to Court
Family Law Forms
Family Law Publications
Find a Lawyer / Get Help
Self-Help Guides
Parenting After Separation
quick links header

Doing Your Own Divorce

Changing Child Support - Orders made in NB

Changing Child Support - Orders made
outside NB

Applying For Custody, Access and/or Support

Need Help?

Your Opinion Matters


What’s New
About This Site
Ask An Expert Videos

Living Common-Law
Separation and Divorce
Marital Property
Custody and Access
Child Support
Spousal Support
Support Enforcement
Staying Out Of Court
Representing Yourself
Other Issues


Going To Court
English or French?
Presenting Your Case in Court
Preparing for Your Court Hearing
The Day Of Your Hearing
Tips for the Court Hearing
After the Hearing

Family Law Forms
Printing & Completing Forms
Custody, Access and Support
Changing an Order
Interjurisdictional Support Orders
Consent Order
Court-Ordered Evaluations Support Program
Family Law Forms for Saint John and Moncton


Family Law Publications
Child and Spousal Support
Custody and Access
Divorce and Separation
Support Enforcement
Family Violence
Other Materials

Find a Lawyer/Get Help
You and Your Lawyer
Find a Lawyer
Get Help (Domestic Legal Aid)
Legal Advice Clinics

Self-Help Guides


Parenting After Separation
For the Sake of the Children
Register for the Program
For the Sake of the Children (VIDEOS)
Family Law Information Line


Public Legal Education and Information
Service of New Brunswick

  P.O. Box 6000, Fredericton
New Brunswick, Canada E3B 5H1
  Telephone: (506) 453-5369
Family Law Line: 1-888-236-2444
  Fax: (506) 462-5193