Facebook  Twitter  Vimeo

Family Law NB Family Law NB Family Law NB - Online resources for the public

What's New

Changes Coming to Family Mediation Service
December 7, 2011

The contract for family mediation services between Justice and Consumer Affairs and Family Service Moncton, Inc., will be terminated, effective December 23.

The decision was made for budgetary reasons. Additional funding would have been required to continue the agreement to the end of the current fiscal year, which was not possible.  As a consequence, it was decided to terminate the agreement with Family Service Moncton at this time.

Family Service Moncton has confirmed that the mediation service will be continued on a private, fee-for-service basis. For more information, visit its website at www.fsmoncton.com. Call toll free:  1-800-390-3258 to make an appointment.

In the Saint John region, mediation services are offered through the Family Law Information Centre. Call 658-2261.

Clients seeking other information and help for family law-related issues may be referred to the following:

  • Family Advice Lawyer service: (toll-free) 1-855-266-0266
    • To make an appointment with a lawyer for a free one-hour consultation
  • Public Legal Education and Information Service’s Family Law Line: (toll-free) 1-888-236-2444
    • To speak with a lawyer and get legal information
    • To register for the separated parent education program “For the Sake of the Children
  • Public Legal Education and Information Service’s family law website: www.familylawnb.ca
    • For comprehensive information about family law
    • For forms and instructions for family law matters such as varying child support
  • Legal Aid Services Commission:
    • For services of a family law lawyer (must be financially eligible; services do not include matters under the Divorce Act)



Family Law Workshops
Ask an Expert Videos
Going to Court
Family Law Forms
Family Law Publications
Find a Lawyer / Get Help
Self-Help Guides
Parenting After Separation
quick links header

Doing Your Own Divorce

Changing Child Support - Orders made in NB

Changing Child Support - Orders made
outside NB

Applying For Custody, Access and/or Support

Need Help?

Your Opinion Matters


What’s New
About This Site
Ask An Expert Videos

Living Common-Law
Separation and Divorce
Marital Property
Custody and Access
Child Support
Spousal Support
Support Enforcement
Staying Out Of Court
Representing Yourself
Other Issues


Going To Court
English or French?
Presenting Your Case in Court
Preparing for Your Court Hearing
The Day Of Your Hearing
Tips for the Court Hearing
After the Hearing

Family Law Forms
Printing & Completing Forms
Custody, Access and Support
Changing an Order
Interjurisdictional Support Orders
Consent Order
Court-Ordered Evaluations Support Program
Family Law Forms for Saint John and Moncton


Family Law Publications
Child and Spousal Support
Custody and Access
Divorce and Separation
Support Enforcement
Family Violence
Other Materials

Find a Lawyer/Get Help
You and Your Lawyer
Find a Lawyer
Get Help (Domestic Legal Aid)
Legal Advice Clinics

Self-Help Guides


Parenting After Separation
For the Sake of the Children
Register for the Program
For the Sake of the Children (VIDEOS)
Family Law Information Line


Public Legal Education and Information
Service of New Brunswick

  P.O. Box 6000, Fredericton
New Brunswick, Canada E3B 5H1
  Telephone: (506) 453-5369
Family Law Line: 1-888-236-2444
  Fax: (506) 462-5193