Facebook  Twitter  Vimeo

Family Law NB Family Law NB Family Law NB - Online resources for the public

What's New

Changes to support enforcement program
June 23, 2017

June 20, 2017

Changes to support enforcement program 

Family Support Orders Services (FSOS) is transitioning into a new program delivery model which will see its regionalized operations become centralized to one location in Grand Falls over the next year.   Phase 1 of the transition is underway and as a result, you will notice some differences in our program.  Here are a few of those changes:

Our name is changing from FSOS to the “Office of Support Enforcement (OSE)”.   We are in the process of changing our name to better align ourselves with our new program delivery model.  You may still see some documents with the name FSOS, but we are in the process of phasing that out.  
All calls will be re-directed to our office in Grand Falls for triaging.  Our goal is to have our Enrollment Officers handle many of our clients’ general inquiries or transfer you to the appropriate Enforcement Officer for issues of enforcement.  
Q:  Will my Enforcement Officer change.
A:  Possibly.  As we shift from a regional based model to a centralized one, your file may be reassigned to a difference Enforcement Officer.  Depending of the level of enforcement required on a file, it may be assigned to either a Junior Enforcement Officer or a Senior Enforcement Officer.  
Q:  How will I know if my Enforcement Officer has changed?
A : Clients can access their file information by signing on to our website portal at www.gnb.ca/ose .  Once registered, you will have access to information pertaining to your file, in addition to the name of your Enforcement Officer.
Q:  Will my Enforcement Officer still be located in Courthouse?
A:  Some of the Enforcement Officers are still located in the 8 Judicial Districts (courthouses) around the Province.  Other Enforcement Officers have been hired in Grand Falls.  By June 2018 we will be fully centralized and all enforcement will be done from our Grand Falls office and no Enforcement Officers will be located in the Courthouses.
Q:  Does this mean my Court file will be moved to Grand Falls?
A:  No, all Court files will remain in their respective Judicial Districts.  Only enforcement files will be transferred to Grand Falls.


Family Law Information Video
Family Law Information Line
Family Law Workshops
Ask an Expert Videos
FAQs about Family Law
Going to Court
Family Law Forms
Family Law Publications
Find a Lawyer / Get Help
Self-Help Guides
Parenting After Separation
Parent Information Program
Court Evaluations Support
quick links header

Doing Your Own Divorce

Applying For Parenting and Support Orders

Changing Child Support - Orders made in NB

Changing Child Support - Orders made
outside NB

Need Help? Call the Family Law Information Line

Your Opinion Matters


What’s New
About This Site
Ask An Expert Videos

Living Common-Law
Separation and Divorce
Marital Property
Custody and Access
Child Support
Spousal Support
Support Enforcement
Staying Out Of Court
Representing Yourself
Other Issues


Going To Court
English or French?
Presenting Your Case in Court
Preparing for Your Court Hearing
The Day Of Your Hearing
Tips for the Court Hearing
After the Hearing

Family Law Forms
Printing & Completing Forms
Custody, Access and Support
Changing an Order
Interjurisdictional Support Orders
Consent Order
Court-Ordered Evaluations Support Program
Family Law Forms for Saint John and Moncton


Family Law Publications
Family Law for Immigrants
Child and Spousal Support
Child Support Recalculation Service
Parenting After Separation
Divorce and Separation
Support Enforcement
Family Violence
Other Materials

Find a Lawyer/Get Help
Family Law Information Video
You and Your Lawyer
Find a Lawyer
Get Help (Domestic Legal Aid)
Legal Advice Clinics

Self-Help Guides


Parenting After Separation
Online Parent Information Program (PIP)
(formerly known as For the Sake of the Children)

Family Law Information Line


Public Legal Education and Information
Service of New Brunswick

  P.O. Box 6000, Fredericton
New Brunswick, Canada E3B 5H1
  Telephone: (506) 453-5369
Family Law Line: 1-888-236-2444