Facebook  Twitter  Vimeo

Family Law NB Family Law NB Family Law NB - Online resources for the public

What's New

Contingency arrangements for family support payments in case of Canada Post work stoppage
June 24, 2016


Clients who normally receive family support payments by mail are being advised by the Department of Justice and Public Safety to make alternate arrangements in the event of a possible work stoppage at Canada Post.

Client receiving payments under the Family Support Orders Service program are urged to sign up for direct deposit. A form is available online.

Cheques will not be sent through Canada Post should there be a work stoppage, and payments issued after Wednesday, June 22, will not be sent by mail as a precaution.

Clients who cannot arrange for direct deposit may request to pick up their cheques at one of the eight judicial district offices of the Court of Queen’s Bench, family division, in Bathurst, Campbellton, Edmundston, Fredericton, Moncton, Miramichi, Saint John and Woodstock. Pickup requests may be arranged by contacting the central payment unit at 506-444-4131.

Clients may verify that a payment has been made by visiting the program’s website. Registration is necessary for first-time users. Clients may also call the Infoline at 1-888-488-3767.

Clients who normally make family support payments by mail are encouraged to use online or telephone banking. They may also make payments in person at their local Service New Brunswick office.

Employers are encouraged to contact the central payment unit to make arrangements for electronic file transfers or online banking. Employers should contact the unit if those methods are not available so that other options can be discussed.

More information about government programs and services that could be impacted by a potential work stoppage by Canada Post is available online.




Family Law Information Video
Family Law Information Line
Family Law Workshops
Ask an Expert Videos
FAQs about Family Law
Going to Court
Family Law Forms
Family Law Publications
Find a Lawyer / Get Help
Self-Help Guides
Parenting After Separation
Parent Information Program
Court Evaluations Support
quick links header

Doing Your Own Divorce

Applying For Parenting and Support Orders

Changing Child Support - Orders made in NB

Changing Child Support - Orders made
outside NB

Need Help? Call the Family Law Information Line

Your Opinion Matters


What’s New
About This Site
Ask An Expert Videos

Living Common-Law
Separation and Divorce
Marital Property
Custody and Access
Child Support
Spousal Support
Support Enforcement
Staying Out Of Court
Representing Yourself
Other Issues


Going To Court
English or French?
Presenting Your Case in Court
Preparing for Your Court Hearing
The Day Of Your Hearing
Tips for the Court Hearing
After the Hearing

Family Law Forms
Printing & Completing Forms
Custody, Access and Support
Changing an Order
Interjurisdictional Support Orders
Consent Order
Court-Ordered Evaluations Support Program
Family Law Forms for Saint John and Moncton


Family Law Publications
Family Law for Immigrants
Child and Spousal Support
Child Support Recalculation Service
Parenting After Separation
Divorce and Separation
Support Enforcement
Family Violence
Other Materials

Find a Lawyer/Get Help
Family Law Information Video
You and Your Lawyer
Find a Lawyer
Get Help (Domestic Legal Aid)
Legal Advice Clinics

Self-Help Guides


Parenting After Separation
Online Parent Information Program (PIP)
(formerly known as For the Sake of the Children)

Family Law Information Line


Public Legal Education and Information
Service of New Brunswick

  P.O. Box 6000, Fredericton
New Brunswick, Canada E3B 5H1
  Telephone: (506) 453-5369
Family Law Line: 1-888-236-2444